All Walton College students must complete all pre-business requirements with the required grades and grade point average prior to enrollment in junior or senior level business courses in the Walton College.
To be eligible to enroll in upper division business courses in the Walton College of Business, a student must:
- Have at least a 2.50 overall grade point average.
- Have at least a 2.50 pre-business grade point average.
- Have no grades of "D" in pre-business courses.
Students must also meet these requirements for graduation.
Pre-Business Core Courses
- ENGL 1013 Composition I*
- ENGL 1023 Composition II
- MATH 2053 Finite Math*
- ECON 2013 Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 Microeconomics
- MATH 2043 Survey of Calculus
- COMM 1313 Public Speaking*
- ISYS 1120 Computer Competency Requirement* or ISYS 1123 Business Application Knowledge
- WCOB 1111 Business Connections*
- WCOB 1033 Data Analysis and Interpretation
- ACCT 2013 Principles of Accounting
- ACCT 2023 Principles of Accounting II or WCOB 2053 Business Foundations
* recommended for the first semester
Junior/Senior Level Courses
Walton College students must complete all pre-business requirements prior to enrollment in junior or senior-level courses in the Walton College.
Non-degree seeking students and students enrolled in other colleges are subject to the same direct course prerequisites as students within the Walton College. Specific exceptions to this policy must be addressed to the Undergraduate Programs advising staff, Business Building 328 or by calling (479) 575-6308.
* Note: A student's official University of Arkansas grade point average (GPA) is based only on grades received at/through the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Transfer courses (grades) are not calculated into a students' official University of Arkansas GPA, but will be considered for purposes of meeting pre-business requirements.