Oftentimes, veterans wonder how to revise a military resume to be more business ready - don't worry, we can help. Whether you have an existing resume or are looking to create a resume, the Sam M. Walton College of Business Career Development Center staff is here to help through every step of creating or revising your resume. Email email@example.com for resume assistance.
Tips and Articles of Interest:
- Incorporating Military Background into a Resume
- The Veteran’s Guide to Developing a Resume
- Sample Resume Featuring Military Experience
- Additional Resume Tips
- Searching for Jobs and Internships:
- Searching for a job is as easy as going to our online database, Razorback CareerLink (CareerLink). All internships and part-time, as well as full-time, jobs referred to the university are uploaded to this online system, allowing students/alumni to search for and apply to positions.
- USAjobs.gov is another great online job database when looking for a career after college, especially for veterans. Many government agencies have a veteran preference, providing you with an advantage over other applicants.
- Networking is key when learning about potential opportunities with companies. Knowing the right person is the best way to land your next job.
- Business Career Fairs are held each semester allowing recruiters and students to come together, network, and discuss potential job opportunities. Business Career Fairs allow you to share information about your career interests with potential employers.
Interviewing for an internship or a full-time job can be a stressful time during a job search, but it doesn't have to be. The Career Center staff is here to guide and coach you through the interview process. Career advisors can conduct a mock interview with you and the Career Center website offers an online interview trainer, helpful interview tips, and other tools to prepare you for your upcoming interview.
Presenting a professional image and showing confidence when meeting people in a business setting is vital for professional success. A professional image includes appropriate body language, proper dress and grooming - among many other facets of your image - your professional brand.
- The Sam M. Walton College of Business Career Development Center can provide assistance in many areas of your career and professional development. For more information, please stop by our office, Willard J. Walker Hall 226, or call 479-575-6100. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- The Veterans Resource and Information Center helps students navigate the university system and transition into college life. Their office is located in Arkansas Union 632. Contact Erika Gamboa for more information: email@example.com or 479-575-5372.
Military Past and Present on Campus (MPPOC) is a Registered Student Organization that assists students who are currently serving or who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Their goals include helping veterans adjust from military life to civilian life and provide information to veterans who want to succeed at the University of Arkansas.
Location: Arkansas Union Room A649
Phone: (479) 575-4987