Career Fairs: Employer Information
The Business Career Fair is one of a wide variety of employer services designed to facilitate your access to top students at the University of Arkansas.
Fall 2020 Virtual Business Career Fair
Tuesday, September 29th, 2020
Virtual: Easy Virtual Fair platform
Business Career Fair FAQs:
- Is the Business Career fair limited to certain types of employers? No, all industries are encouraged to attend!
- Who can we recruit? Organizations can recruit multiple majors, and all majors at the Business Career Fair.
- What does registration include? One standard virtual booth and up to 10 representative accounts.
- How do we set up our booth? You can customize a virtual booth with photos, downloadable brochures, videos, etc. Webinar sessions will take place prior to the fair to discuss designing your booth and interacting with students in the platform.
Registration and Payment
Registration for the Fall 2020 Virtual Business Career Fair is available in Handshake now!
Employers can reserve a booth(s) in Handshake! You can pay via credit card once your registration is approved by clicking Pay Now in Handshake or receive an invoice for check payments. View details on Handshake and instructions on setting up an account. Details for setting up your Easy Virtual Fair booth and interacting with the platform will be announced closer to the fair. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Kayla Woessner, Program Manager & Career Coach, at KWoessner@walton.uark.edu.
- Standard Registration: $300
- Government/Nonprofits: $150
- Walton Career Services Corporate Sponsor: $0
All Corporate/Government/Non-Profit registrations include one standard virtual booth and a maximum of 10 representatives. Walton Career Services Partners will have recognition of the virtual booth in 2 locations for additional visibility. Additional booths: $300 Corporate or $150 for Government/Nonprofit.
- Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Check: Make Check Payable to: "University of Arkansas" and send to:
Walton Career Services, ATTN: Kayla Woessner
191 North Harmon
Walker Hall (WJWH) 226
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Refunds and Cancellations:
- Partial refunds will be offered if notification is given more than two weeks prior to the fair. (We will refund your credit card or check payment less $25 for transaction/processing expenses.)
- No refunds will be offered if notification is given less than two weeks prior to the fair.
You'll meet great students to fill your hiring needs!
- Well-Trained Undergraduates
Business executives often tell collegiate business schools that business problems are interdisciplinary and students need to be better able to integrate business disciplines. Our faculty responded to this environment by developing an innovative business core curriculum. This curriculum pushes the frontier of business education beyond efforts currently in existence at any major U.S. research university. Our curriculum replaces traditional business core courses with integrated courses based on business processes that are essential for any organization to be successful.
The Walton College encompasses the following undergraduate majors: Accounting, Economics, Finance, General Business, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing, Management, Retail and Supply Chain Management. Additionally, the Walton College offers the following business minors: Enterprise Resource Planning, Financial Economics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Retail and Supply Chain Management. All business students are encouraged to attend the Business Career Fair and all U of A students are invited to attend.
- MBAs Like No Other
The Golden Triangle: IS, Logistics, Marketing
Three forces have helped to revolutionize the CPG and retail industries - the golden triangle of information systems, logistics, and marketing. The revolution in retailing is based on shared information and data not just within a company, but across companies, from suppliers to vendors to retailers. Logistics models applied to that information in turn help to drive out inefficiency and deliver better value to consumers and better profit margins throughout the supply chain. Finally, marketing savvy, from purchasing, to consumer insights, from merchandising to in-store promotion and marketing, are undergoing significant change. The synergy among these three areas is vital to the ongoing strategy and success of the CPG and retail industries. By leveraging our strengths in these three disciplines and using them as the foundation of the Walton College MBA program, our graduates gain a distinct advantage in the post-MBA career marketplace.
From Theory to Practice
Every MBA program is faced with finding the right balance between theory and practice, between academic rigor and professional relevance. The MBA program at the Walton College is designed with this balance in mind: providing rigorous academic training and a strong theoretical base in the core courses with courses that are directly relevant to particular career paths in the CPG and retail industries. Every MBA student takes the 28 credit-hour core including economics, accounting, finance, marketing, strategic management, and information management. Students then choose a 12 credit-hour career track or concentration area that leads to a specific post-MBA career path. Finally, students can customize their MBA further by selecting from an array of 1 credit-hour professional development seminars designed to add the cutting edge skills that grab the attention of corporate recruiters. Real world applications are also emphasized in the 3-hour consulting project and the summer internships.
- Master of Information Systems
The Master of Information Systems is designed to provide professional preparation for positions in business and government. It is designed with sufficient flexibility to meet the needs of students with various backgrounds and foster lifelong learning and innovation. Students may concentrate in one of five areas:
- Information Technology Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning Management
- Telecommunications Management
- Software Engineering Management
- Transportation/Logistics Technology Management