For assistance or one-on-one training, contact Courtney Hamilton: 479-575-5129, RCED 209.
Departmental WCOB Locations and directions
- The Information Systems department hall way
- The Marketing department hall way
- The Finance department
- The Management department suite (WCOB 402)
- The Accounting department library
- The Ph.D suite (WCOB 438)
Datalink to Blackboard Gradebook Merge Tool
Importing the Datalink results of exams to Blackboard used to be a somewhat cumbersome process involving Excel formulas and juggling multiple files. OSIE developed the DL2Bb merge tool to, as one of our beta-test faculty put it, "make [the faculty's] jobs easier!" This tool will merge multiple exam key results with the Bb Gradebook and provide you with a single gradebook file to re-import into Bb to display test results to students.
However, we didn't stop there! This tool also has some built in features to adjust the scores during the process. Curving the exam, adjusting the maximum points, or adding points or a percentage to the overall scores are two of the features most often seen in past Excel formulas... these are built into the tool with just a click of a button.
Before beginning, you need to have your xlsx file(s) from the DataLink software available. You will also need to download the offline gradebook from Blackboard. Tutorial for downloading and uploading the Bb offline gradebook.
Want to have your scantron’s scanned for you? You can now request to have your scantron’s scanned by Courtney Hamilton in RCED 209. This service requires your students to use the Scantron/Pearson Form #4521 bubble sheet (available at the Bookstore). The REMARK software creates an electronic data file for your records, with statistics and actual images of the students' completed forms. You also receive files that load directly into the Blackboard gradebook!
Prior to the exam:
- Instruct students to bring in an undamaged Form #4521. Also inform students they must complete their student ID and name on the form. ID is a required field for import to Bb. Name will help you identify students when IDs are improperly completed.
- Fill out the scanning information form to attach to your scantrons: Scantron Form
- Fill out a key(s) using Form #4521 for your exam versions. Note: Forms for keys can be obtained from Courtney.
- Email Courtney to let her know you will be using this option and the planned date of the exam.
- Drop your scantrons off to Courtney Hamilton in RCED 209 once the exam is over. Be sure to group student forms with the corresponding key.
- Once your scantrons have been scanned, you will receive an email from Courtney that includes the data files. The original scantrons will be ready for pick up at your convenience.