Media Services Center Overview
The Media Services Center (MSC) provides multimedia, audiovisual and classroom technical support to faculty, students and staff in the Sam M Walton College of Business in order to increase teaching effectiveness through the application of appropriate technology.
Faculty and Staff Assistance
The MSC can assist with your multimedia needs if you are hosting an event in the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Enterprise Development. If you are an organization that would like to have an event videotaped or possibly hold a satellite or video conference while you are here, check out our rate matrix.
How can we assist with your multimedia questions and needs?
We offer a variety of services from video & multimedia production to web streaming, video conferencing, camera checkout, editing, tips on creating better PowerPoints and ways in which you can use MSC to get your message out. The Media Services Center (MSC) can assist you with any multimedia needs while you are attending the Sam M. Walton College of Business. There are no costs for our services if you are a current student of the college. However, we do not supply blank media such as tapes, DVDs or CD ROMs. Supplying blank media for your project is your responsibility.
- Lead time: We know every project is important, whether it’s recording a guest speaker or helping a student who wants to create a mock commercial for inserting into PowerPoint. Our staff will take the time to help you with your specific needs. But you can help us by coming to us with ample time to assist you. It is best to schedule a time with one of our staff as far in advance of your deadline as possible so that we can have the time needed to make your project work.
- It is easier to put into perspective how much time it can take to record and edit a project if you remember these simple formulas.
- Only about 1/4 of what you record can be edited. This is just an index that has always been fairly accurate. If you record 20 minutes of an interview, you will probably end up with enough footage for a 5 minute finished video.
- Every minute of edited video takes about an hour to complete. This measure has always been pretty accurate as well. By the time you start, choose your edits and add graphics, it comes out about right. That 5 minute finished piece could take up to 5 hours to edit.
Now you can understand why it is best to reserve time early. Don’t wait until the day before and expect to come in and have a project finished that same day. You may reserve these services by emailing us or calling 479-575-3243 to schedule pre-production time with our staff. Check out a detailed breakdown of hardware and software options by selecting Services then the Student Services tab.
- WCOB 246 / Equip. Checkout / Premiere & Final Cut Editing Suite C
- RCED 128 Multimedia Studio / Green Room
- RCED 129 Multimedia Control Room / Editing Suite B
- RCED 130 Editing Suite A / Studio Storage