Diversity Corporate Advisory Board
Members of the Diversity and Inclusion Corporate Advisory Board utilize their experience and expertise to develop and support ways and means of advancing the presence of diversity and inclusion of underrepresented groups in the Walton College, in the state, the region and the nation.
The board will serves as ambassadors in developing initiatives to recruit, retain, and graduate underrepresented students at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to assist with identifying potential faculty and staff from Arkansas and the United States. They also identify opportunities for partnerships between faculty and the business community for the purposes of:
- promoting mutual gain through such activities as student recruiting and consulting arrangements,
- involving faculty members in practical business problems,
- arranging for guest lecturers from industry,
- supporting state-wide outreach operations, and
- bringing students into direct contact with business executives and their idea.
The Corporate Advisory Board keeps the Office of Diversity and Inclusion abreast of timely trends, changes, and developments in business so that the Walton College can more readily incorporate real world issues into the curriculum and other activities. Finally the board members serve as ambassadors to the Walton College and the University of Arkansas. For additional board information, contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Diversity and Inclusion Corporate Advisory Board Members
- Karen Armstrong - Tyson Foods
- Jony Farfan - Sam's Club
- Erica "Doc" Holliday - Northwest Arkansas Community College
- Amy Kihenia-Davis - Walmart
- Jean Lacefield - Frito-Lay, Inc.
- Trina Madry - Procter & Gamble
- Kimberly McGee - Walmart
- Preston Murphy - Sam's Club
- Doris Nelson - Conoco Phillips
- James Oaks - Enterprise
- Marlisse Rosario - State Farm Insurance, Inc.
- Lisa Sarmiento - Walmart
- William Settle - Delta Airlines, Inc.
- Renee Sherrod - TIAA-CREF
- Catherine Smith - True Blue Inclusion
- Casey Steele - Verizon Wireless
- Ulanda Terry - Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Colleen Trichell - State Farm Insurance
- Orson Weems - Land Improvement Company, Inc.
- Ron Williams, Crystal Bridges
- Tom Zimmerman, Verizon Wireless