Accounting Career Awareness Program
July 15 - 20, 2018
Accounting Career Awareness Program is a residential program designed to introduce underrepresented rising high school juniors and seniors to accounting and business careers. ACAP students will attend undergraduate-level classes and network with accounting professionals from local companies and the Northwest Arkansas chapter of National Association of Black Accountants.
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to May 1!
Benefits of ACAP
There are educational and personal development benefits to attending the ACAP Program. Some of the benefits include:
- Learn what basic skills are needed for accounting.
- Develop the proper etiquette needed for interviews, jobs and the general business environment.
- Network, make new friends and develop personal skills in a real-life college setting.
- Attend technical sessions to learn more about accounting and finance as a course of study.
- Meet and hear from a panel of accounting and finance professionals.
- Participate in corporate visits and network with corporate executives.
- Learn the requirements for becoming a certified public accountant (CPA) and the importance of having a CPA certification.
- Join the ACAP Alumni Association to keep in contact with former ACAP students.