Leadership Walton is a professional development program for undergraduate business students, offering a unique blend of academic, leadership and career development opportunities specifically designed to guide students toward lifelong professional success. The program fills the gap between academic pursuits and workforce preparation through an enhancement to standard educational experiences.
All undergraduate business majors are encouraged to join, including transfer students, and must have a minimum of two academic years left to complete the program. All applications will be considered and selections will be based on the quality and thoughtfulness of each application.
The Application for the 2019 - 2020 Leadership Walton class will be available until
- Mission: The mission of Leadership Walton is to offer a unique program with a blend of academic,
leadership and career development opportunities specifically designed to guide the
student toward lifelong professional success. This program fills the gap between academic
pursuits and workforce preparation. Leadership Walton is a program offered by Walton
Career Services in partnership with Undergraduate Programs.
- Purpose: To provide undergraduate students in the Sam M. Walton College of Business a defined
progression of professional development requirements, an enhancement to their educational
experience - a plan that combines leadership experience, academic learning and professional
and career development training.
- Value: Leadership Walton is framed within and will nurture the values of the Sam M. Walton
College of Business:
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all we do.
- Professionalism: We believe organizational practices must be built on an ethical foundation and high standards of professional behavior.
- Innovation: We value creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collegiality: We believe in working together to examine situations and ideas from diverse perspectives.
- Objective: The purpose of this program is to develop skills sets in the area of career, professional and leadership development, as well as to provide an understanding of the scope of the challenging professional environment and the subsequent success skills formulation and implementation needed to ensure lifelong achievement. To accomplish this goal, the program is designed to incorporate required and optional academic coursework, career development programming and leadership development opportunities blended in a defined course of progression that ensures well-rounded opportunities for student development and preparedness.
Leadership Walton students complete a variety of components in the areas of leadership, academics and career path management. To view a complete list of Leadership Walton requirements, please review the Leadership Walton Handbook:
We'd love to connect with you, just email: email@example.com.