The Sam M. Walton College of Business awards over 100 scholarships each academic year to incoming freshmen, current, and transfer business students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
General Scholarship Timeline
|November 15||Incoming Freshmen priority scholarship deadline.|
|January 1||Online scholarship application for the upcoming academic year opens.|
|February 15||Deadline to submit an application to be considered for Walton College scholarships (both general university wide and Walton college specific application).|
|March – April||Walton College Scholarship Committee meets to award scholarships.|
|May-July||Scholarship award notifications go out.|
|July 1||Deadline for awarded students to submit a Thank You letter to Donors. Funding will not be distributed if this is not completed.|
|September||Fall semester scholarship disbursements post to student accounts, generally after the 11th day of class.|
|Following January||Spring semester scholarship disbursements post to student accounts.|
To be eligible for Walton-specific scholarships, students must complete both the University general and Walton College applications in the AcademicWorks system. The scholarship application window for Walton business students opens January 1 and closes February 15.
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email-address book, as some e-mail servers will block these addresses.
- Any documents that you submit into AcademicWorks systems must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- You will be asked to provide a short answer about your University Experience.
- You will be asked to sign in with your UARK ID and Password into the "AcademicWorks – University of Arkansas" system. In the "AcademicWorks – University of Arkansas" system, you will be able to submit all application materials, save and come back to your applications, check the status of your applications, and accept any scholarship offers.
- If you are a new incoming student, you must have first applied for admission and have received your UA username, password, and @uark.edu email address before you can access the AcademicWorks system.
All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 1 for priority consideration, or February 1, for regular consideration.
Walton College scholarships can be awarded to students majoring in one of our eight departmental disciplines. Students with a Business minor are welcome to apply, but are not priority for scholarship awards.
To be considered for Walton College scholarships, a student must:
- be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student in good academic standing OR plan to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student for the upcoming academic year.
- submit a complete General Application in the AcademicWorks system.
- submit a complete Walton College supplemental application in the AcademicWorks system.
- complete their general and supplemental application within the scholarship application window.
The scholarship application window for Walton students opens January 1 and closes February 15.
(For MAcc and IMAcc students, the application window closes on March 8.)
A graduate education is a significant investment in your future. There are several funding possibilities available to eligible Walton Graduate School of Business students including assistantships, scholarships, fellowships, and financial aid. Below you will find more information on these options. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate School of Business.
Graduate assistantships are a unique characteristic of the Walton MBA. Graduate assistantships may be for two years or less. During the period a student holds a graduate assistantship, he/she receives a complete tuition waiver and a stipend. In return, the student works as an assistant for 20 hours a week. Several graduate assistantships are offered.
All admitted students are automatically considered for assistantships after they are admitted to the program – no additional application required for assistantships. International applicants are also eligible to receive graduate assistantships.
Visit Graduate School and International Education for details.
How will I be notified that I received a scholarship?
Scholarship notifications will be sent from email@example.com to the student’s uark email.
When will the award be in my student account?
Typically around the 11th day of classes into the semester. If your funding has not been posted after this date, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for an update.
If I was awarded multiple scholarships in the same academic year, do I need to submit
a new Thank You Letter for each scholarship?
Yes, you will submit one general letter for each scholarships.
I am an incoming freshman and do not see Walton College scholarships in the New Student
Center portal, what should I do?
Walton College Scholarships are not located in the New Student Center. You will need to apply to the university wide general application and the option to fill out the Walton College specific scholarship application will be available then.
If I was awarded a renewable scholarship, do I need to fill out the application each
Yes, to have your scholarship renewed you will need to fill out the application each academic year. Our office sends out multiple reminder emails to your uark email to help alert students.
For any questions regarding scholarships, please email email@example.com or 479.575.4220.