Study Abroad: Photo Contest
Did you study abroad in the past year? Did you take AMAZING pictures with your camera or phone? Then now's your chance to share those and enter to win in Walton's Study Abroad Photo Contest. Anyone currently enrolled at the University of Arkansas can enter.
We have 5 different categories for you to enter in with a winner chosen in each category:
A flag from the country you studied abroad in will be awarded for 1st place in each category!
We would love to share your experience for future Razorbacks to see and inspire others to go abroad too!
- February 14th - start submitting your photos! (Two per contestant)
- March 5th - Last day to submit your photos!
- March 6th - Follow @Walton_StudyAbroad and start voting on your favorite photos
Photo contest Rules
- Submit your photo and information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into the contest.
- You must include the category name of which you want to submit your photo to in the Email. (Ex: #Cultures, #LocalPeople, #Places, #Historic, #HogsAbroad) (If entering into #HogsAbroad make sure you are representing the razorbacks in some type of way. Ex: Calling the Hogs, Razorback apparel etc.)
- Also provide a short description about your photo.
- Give us your name, the country you studied abroad in, your major, and your class level (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- You must have studied abroad between January 2016 and January 2017
- You can enter in a max of two pictures but they must be in different categories.
- Follow the @Walton_StudyAbroad on Instagram
Pictures submitted will be posted on the @Walton_StudyAbroad Instagram account. There will be three finalist photos, (Two pictures in each category with the most likes, and another photo from each category chosen by the Recruitment Coordinator). The three pictures from each category will then be sent to a panel of faculty members that will chose a first, second, and third place winner.
- First place in each category will receive a flag from the country they studied abroad in along with their photo posted on the wall next to WCOB 343.
- Second and Third place winners will also have their photo posted on the wall next to WCOB 343.
- Editor-selected comments will be published.
- No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. University of Arkansas reserves the right to post your photo in any medium we choose that’s affiliated with University of Arkansas