The Walton College Global Engagement Office engages Walton College students, faculty, and staff in activities that enhance understanding and competencies in international business, language, and culture to build their capacity to be globally competitive leaders in business and academic communities.
Our students are studying around the world and sharing their experiences...View Study Abroad Blogs
Funding Your Study Abroad
There are many financial resources available to help you realize your goal.Study Abroad Funding
Study Abroad Photo Contest
We're pleased to announce the winners of our first annual Instagram photo contest. We had over fifty entries and voting was accomplished by students and faculty voting on their favorite photos in the categories of #Cultures #Historic #LocalPeople #Places #HogsAbroad. Learn more about the contest.
View More Winning Photos
Supporting Global Research, Knowledge and Skills of Faculty
The Walton College Global Engagement Office solicits applications for small grants to support global faculty research, knowledge and skills. The intent is to augment other sources of funding, since we would like to support as many faculty members as possible with the funds allocated in our budget for this program. Additionally, enhancing the global content of their curriculum is one of the significant ways the Walton College can become a more global business school. This requires faculty with the global knowledge and skills to engage in developing a global curriculum. Examples of activities that might be funded are:
- Support for international travel to collaborate with co-authors
- Direct costs of a global research project (salary cannot be funded)
- Support for an international visiting scholar who will collaborate with Walton College faculty
Annual submission deadlines are: September 30th and January 31st
New Online Application Form for Walton College Study Abroad Funding
Please use our new online form to apply for Walton College study abroad funding. Detailed information can be found at the top of our Study Abroad Scholarship page.
Deadlines for consideration are as follows:
- October 1 -
- Spring Study Abroad / Internships
- Summer Internships with Walton Partners in Brazil and Panama
- January Intersession Community Development in Vietnam
- December 1 -
- Summer Study Abroad / Internships (priority deadline for early decision)
- February 1 -
- Summer Study Abroad / Internships
- Fall Study Abroad / Internships
Developments in Panama
The Executive Education Certificate in Entrepreneurship continues in Panama City, and the MBA program started in 2013. GEO hosted another group of undergraduate students from the Universidad Catolica Santa Maria la Antigua (USMA) for a week long program in 2013. Dr. Terry Esper led the inaugural program in Panama in summer, 2014.
New Initiatives in Brazil
Walton College faculty members traveled to Brazil to visit Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IMBEC) in Rio de Janeiro and Fundação Instituto Capixaba de Pesquisa em Contabilidade, Economia e Finanças (FUCAPE) in Vitória. The IMBEC visit proved fruitful as we learned about new opportunities for our students to take courses in English and solidified a relationship for student support. The visit to FUCAPE generated a new partnership in which students are able to engage in a traditional semester exchange and/or hold an internship.
GEO is is working hard to increase international internship opportunities. The following internships are currently available with more to come:
- ELAP: Experience with Purpose, an international internship program associated with International Studies Abroad (ISA) to offer well –supported international internships at affordable prices to our students in Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, England, Morocco, Peru, South Korea, and Spain.
- CRCC Asia: Internships in China
- Fucape Business School in Vitoria, Brazil.