Several faculty members at the Sam M. Walton College of Business were recognized for their outstanding teaching, research and special initiatives at a faculty and staff meeting on May 3. Varun Grover, distinguished professor and George & Boyce Billingsley Endowed Chair in the Department of Information Systems, was presented with the Outstanding All-Around Faculty Award for 2022-23 by the Walton College.
Grover’s current research focuses on digitalization – including digital competition and artificial intelligence – and its effects on individuals, organizations and society. He is consistently ranked as one of the top scientists in the world in business and management by research.com, a research portal for scientists.
"I am incredibly proud of our exceptional faculty, who are renowned scholars contributing to Walton College and the university's ever-growing national and global prestige," Waller said. "A number of standout faculty members have truly excelled and undoubtedly deserve special accolades for their dedication to students, academic advancements, and meaningful industry partnerships."
In addition to the all-around award, Waller announced other faculty awards for the 2022-23 academic year:
- Outstanding “All Around” Faculty Award: Varun Grover (Information Systems)
- Faculty Excellence in Research Award: Christopher Rosen (Management)
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award: Adam Stoverink (Management)
- Faculty Excellence in Service Award: Carole Shook (Information Systems)
- Excellence in Diversity Initiatives Award: Adriana Rossiter Hofer (Supply Chain Management)
- Rising Scholar Excellence in Research Award: Caleb Rawson (Accounting)
- Teaching Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award: Kim Petrone (Accounting)
- Lecturer Excellence in Teaching Award: Sergio Santamaria (Finance)
- Graduate Student Excellence in Teaching Award: Cody Bradley (Management)
- Executive MBA Teacher of the Year: Rogelio Garcia Contreras (MBA)
- Full-time MBA Teacher of the Year: Gonca Soysal (MBA)
Faculty awards are chosen by the Awards and Elections Standing Committee of the college. A department faculty representative is chosen by each department chair to serve a term of three years.