At the close of each academic year, the Sam M. Walton College of Business gathers to recognize outstanding students and alumni, honored for the values, talent, achievement and hard work demonstrated during their tenure at Walton College and beyond.
On Thursday, April 27, Walton College recognized four exceptional alumni and more than 70 students for outstanding achievement at Walton College’s 30th Annual Awards Celebration. Award winners were celebrated both at an in-person event and via a special awards website.
Walton College presented the following alumni awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Ed Wilson: CEO/founder, Dreamcatcher Media LLC, Santa Monica, California. Wilson earned a B.S.B.A. in finance and banking from the Walton College in 1980.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Awards – John W. Collins and Stormey Collins, Bentonville, Arkansas.
John Collins: co-founder, OmniiX (acquired); founder, president, CEO, chargeguard; chief marketing officer, Society Brands. John Collins earned a B.S.B.A. in finance in 2003.
Stormey Collins: co-founder, chief of staff OmniiX (acquired); co-founder, chief of staff, chargeguard; executive vice president marketing, Society Brands. Stormey Collins earned a B.S.B.A. in marketing/transportation in 2002 and an MBA in 2010.
- Outstanding Service Award – Greg Colvin: principal, Colvin Capital LLC, Dallas, Texas. Colvin earned a B.S.B.A. in finance and banking in 1986.
Walton College recognized the outstanding undergraduate and graduate students in each of academic business discipline, senior scholars and first-ranked senior scholars. In addition, the college presented the following individual student awards:
- Presidential Scholar: Sergio Lopez
- Beta Gamma Sigma Award: Reagan White
- Sam M. Walton College of Business Student Leadership Award: Jennifer Ngo
- Outstanding Graduating Senior: Reece Hodgson
For a complete list of student award winners and a video of the in-person awards celebration, please visit our awards recognition website.