Faculty Research Grant
The Walton College Global Engagement Office is soliciting applications for small grants to support faculty global research. This grant (up to $1,000 awarded per recipient) is designed to support faculty research on international topics or with focus on foreign countries.
Examples of activities that could be funded are:
• Support for international travel to collaborate with co-authors
• Direct costs of a global research project (salary cannot be funded)
• Support for an international visiting scholar who will collaborate with Walton College faculty
• Full-time research-active faculty members are eligible to apply.
• In order to maximize the impact of the funds, priority will be given to funding proposals from:
- Faculty without endowed sources of support
- Faculty who have not received funding in the past year
- Faculty in the categories above may still apply but should make a very strong case that the funding is critical to the project.
• Submit a brief description (with a title) of the activity for which you are seeking support. This does not have to be extensive but should be complete enough to justify funding as a global engagement activity.
Include details on the amount and use of the requested funding
Information on other sources of funding that will support the activity
Include a statement of support from the appropriate department chair
For visiting scholars, there should be a host faculty member and support from the host department
• Proposals will be considered by the GEO Director, Associate Dean, and a member of the Research and Human Subjects Standing Committee.
• Typical grants awarded are about $1,000.
• Funds must be expended within a year of the date the grant is awarded.
Applications will be considered three times a year for an activity that will occur in the calendar year following the application date (e.g. September 30, 2021 application for an activity that will occur before September 30, 2022).
- January 31, 2022
- May 31, 2022
- September 30, 2022
• Funding recipients are expected to report the outcomes of supported research to the Global Engagement Office. Reports are due within six months of the funded activity, so that the effectiveness of the global research support can be assessed. In addition, grantees are expected to recognize GEO in their activities and/or events and participate in one GEO event during the grant year. Reports are to be submitted to Adriana R. Hofer, Director at, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Emily Chanmanivong, at email@example.com.
• Application materials should be submitted by e-mail to the Director of the Global Engagement Office, Adriana R. Hofer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Emily Chanmanivong, at email@example.com.