Global Learning Grant
To further aid efforts of Global Learning in the areas of course content, GEO offers support for full-time faculty, up to $4,000, to use an external provider to incorporate international elements into a course.
- Full-time faculty members are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to faculty who do not hold an endowed position.
- Submit a brief proposal of the activity for which you are seeking support. This does not have to be extensive but should be complete enough to justify funding as a global engagement activity. The typical expectation is that the activity will result in the enhancement of the global content of an existing course or a new course that is offered on a regular basis. Exceptions to this expectation will be considered as special cases.
- Proposals should include:
- Course name and description
- Learning objectives that would elaborate on international perspectives relative to the course content
- How you will assess the learning objectives
- A preliminary description of types of materials and activities that will be requested from the provider
- Any potential countries of interest
- Once faculty is selected, GEO will facilitate identifying a provider to support the faculty member
- To aid you with your proposal, it is recommended to review the AAC&U Global Learning VALUE Rubric
- Up to $4,000
- February 1st
- Funding recipients are expected to report the outcomes of supported projects to the Global Engagement Office. Reports, due within six months of the funded activity, should include information on the new or revised course, particularly learning assurance measures of enhanced achievement of global learning objectives. In addition, grantees are expected to recognize GEO in their activities and/or events and participate in one GEO event during the grant year. Reports are to be submitted to Dr. Adriana Rossiter Hofer, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org