To further aid efforts to internationalize the areas of course content and research, GEO offers to support one faculty member, up to $4,000, to join a Walton Faculty-led study abroad program.
• The ideal candidate:
- has never been abroad before or has had very limited experience abroad
- demonstrates interest in international topics
- submits a thoughtful and realistic plan to meet the deliverables outlines below
- secures departmental approval
- ability to participate in country for 3 weeks; 2 weeks at minimum
• Responsibilities include:
- assisting the faculty leader during the trip
- assistance with program receipts
- coordinating promotional items for companies
- provide itinerary instructions for appropriate dress and logistics
- schedule student presentations
- other assistance as needed and etc.
- A plan articulating in what ways this experience will:
- 1) enhance the international content in your classes. (Please elaborate.)
- 2) impact or assist the development of research with an international focus. (Please elaborate.)
• Up to $4,000 to be used for specified program.
• Funds must be expended within a year of the date the grant is awarded.
November 1, 2020 at 5PM
• Funding recipients are expected to report the outcomes of supported projects to the Global Engagement Office. Reports, due within one year of the experience, should include the following:
- written report detailing the implementation of the proposed plan for class content and research
- presentation to Walton faculty and staff at a GEO hosted coffee hour on the experience and plan implementation