Enhancing the international content of classes and research are significant ways faculty can support the Walton College's globalization strategic priority. To further aid efforts to internationalize the areas of course content and research, GEO offers to support one faculty member, up to $4,000, to join a Walton Faculty-led study abroad program.
• The ideal candidate:
- has never been abroad before or has had very limited experience abroad
- demonstrates interest in international topics
- submits a thoughtful and realistic plan to meet the deliverables outlines below
- secures departmental approval
- ability to participate in country for 3 weeks; 2 weeks at minimum
• Responsibilities include:
- assisting the faculty leader during the trip
- assistance with program receipts
- coordinating promotional items for companies
- provide itinerary instructions for appropriate dress and logistics
- schedule student presentations
- other assistance as needed and etc.
- A plan articulating in what ways this experience will:
- 1) enhance the international content in your classes. (Please elaborate.)
- 2) impact or assist the development of research with an international focus. (Please elaborate.)
• Up to $4,000 to be used for specified program.
• Funds must be expended within a year of the date the grant is awarded.
November 1, 2020
• Funding recipients are expected to report the outcomes of supported projects to the Global Engagement Office. Reports, due within one year of the experience, should include the following:
- written report detailing the implementation of the proposed plan for class content and research
- presentation to Walton faculty and staff at a GEO hosted coffee hour on the experience and plan implementation