While a specialized curriculum is a big asset, it can also make the transfer process quite confusing. In addition to talking with an admissions counselor and the staff in the University of Arkansas Registrar's Office, please consider the following as you take the necessary steps toward becoming a Walton College graduate.
Transfer to Walton College
The Transfer Process
- Current Walton College students who plan to take courses at another institution are strongly encouraged to meet with a Walton College academic counselor PRIOR to taking the courses in order to determine if and how the courses can be used toward a particular degree program. Walton College is not responsible for courses that are taken without the specific recommendation of an advisor.
- The University of Arkansas reviews individual courses for transfer; therefore, completed degree programs (i.e. associate of arts, etc.) are not considered in the transfer process.
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts from each institution from which they have taken courses. All transcripts should be submitted directly to the University of Arkansas Office of Admissions.
- Only courses that are submitted on an official transcript will be evaluated for degree credit. Until an official transcript is submitted with an application for admission, any discussions regarding course equivalencies are considered unofficial.
- To be considered for transfer, courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- To determine if and how a course will transfer to the University of Arkansas, please use the Search for Course Equivalencies. Select your current institution from the drop down menus and click search. Courses are arranged in alphabetical order by the course abbreviations of the transfer institution. University of Arkansas equivalencies are listed to the right of each entry. All courses that have previously been transferred to the University of Arkansas will be listed; however, this may not encompass every possible course. Courses listed as NOTR 9999 do not transfer to the University of Arkansas. Those listed as 199T, 299T, 399T or 499T will transfer, but application to a specific degree program will be determined by the college offering the degree.
- The University of Arkansas Registrar's Office is responsible for reviewing and evaluating all transfer courses and assigning their equivalencies. Any questions about how a course will transfer should be directed to the Registrar's Office at 479-575-5451.
- Students may use up to 68 hours of lower-level (freshman and sophomore level) transfer courses toward degree credit. Upper-level courses (junior and senior level) are evaluated on an individual basis by each college and are subject to the policies of the University of Arkansas Catalog. Students must complete a minimum of 50% of all business courses in residency and may not use transfer courses in their major.
- Appeals for transfer equivalencies may be made to the Registrar's Office.
Students who are considering a transfer to the University of Arkansas are encouraged to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor to discuss the transfer process. Appointments can be made by contacting the Office of Admissions at 800-377-8632 or 479-575-5346.
Students are also encouraged to contact the Sam M. Walton College of Business Assistant Director for Undergraduate Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific program details.